Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Bristol and Cardiff

Number one piece of advice: if you study abroad or live in another country for an extended period of time, take the time to explore where you are!!

I know a few people who came to Wales putely to use it as a doorway to other places. Wales has a lot to offer, it has so much history and beautiful scenery, and I only wish I was able to explore more of it!!

Bristol is not in Wales, it's in England, but it's only two hours away. It was absolutely beautiful; it's not an absolute vacation spot, but it's nice to see the smaller areas. It had beautiful museums and cathedrals and parks that we were able to see, despite the rain.

Cardiff, was amazing, I absolutely loved it. We got to go to the museum and Cardiff Castle. Both were beautiful and I wish I could explore that area a little bit more. I am however going to get to see Cardiff Bay this weekend as I go to the Doctor Who Experience (which is on the bucket list!!) and I am very excited. I know Cardiff Bay is beautiful and I can see the Millenium Centre and other great areas as well while I'm there.

Also, if you ever go to Wales, don't let the rain stip you! It rained all weekend, and it rai s almost everyday; I don't remember the last time I saw the sun for an extended period of time, but a little rain never hurt anybody. Learn to love it, or learn to enjoy yourself despite it, otherwise you'll never get anything done.

No comments:

Post a Comment