Thursday, December 11, 2014

Last night in Swansea


Well, I've come so far, and now it's time to go home. It's a bittersweet goodbye, I'm excited to go home and be home (there's no place like home) but I met so many people here and made so many great memories that I don't want to leave. I went to Scotland last weekend with my housemates, and it was a good last weekend together, but it's still hard to leave. 

It seems like yesterday I was watching Lord of the Rings and getting ready to leave home and the country for the first time, and here I am a few months later and I've visited so many places and I've grown so much.

If you get the chance to study abroad, do it, not just for the travelling, the memories, and the truly wonderful people you meet, but for yourself. I've really grown into myself here, I've become a much more confident person and I've learned my limits and what I can do. 
I'm going back home not a different person, but a better one, and I will never forget, my experiences here or the people I have grown to love. There is something special about the people you meet in an experience like this, especially the people who are studying abroad too. For me, they were the first people I met and they become your family when you have no one, and they understand what you're going through because they are going through the same thing. They made my experience here what it was, and I can't thank them enough for that.

I'm off to London tomorrow for one last day, and then I fly home Saturday. Home to see my family and my pets, and American food, and I can relax. But tonight is my last night in Swansea, a place that has become a second home, and a place I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment