Thursday, September 4, 2014

Last Night at Home

Tonight is my last night at home before I leave for Wales. My last night before I leave my country and home for the first time. I am both incredibly nervous and excited. I'm all packed for the most part, besides the odds and ends that you pack the morning before you leave. My flight leaves at 7:15 pm, it is a 5 hour flight, and I arrive in London at 6 am. I realize now, that I have never actually left my time zone, so the 5 hour difference might mess me up for a little while, but it part of the fun of travelling... keeps it interesting. I know my first day there is filled with an itinerary of sight-seeing in London, and then a train ride to my new home in Swansea, Wales for the next 3 months. It is weird to think about living in Wales and sight-seeing in London because it is something that I thought would never happen, and I am not sure it has fully hit me yet that I am leaving tomorrow, but I am ready for this journey.

Finally, I am very excited to see the world, but I am also enjoying my last night curled up at home with my pets, who I will miss dearly, and watching the third Lord of the Rings movie, because if I am going on an adventure, I might as well watch a movie about an epic adventure as well, right?

PS. I am going to try my hardest to write once a week, and make this blog both a way to share my journey and a way to remember it, but I cannot make any promises.

So, until next week...adios!!

No comments:

Post a Comment